This elegant bar cookie is loaded with wonderful flavors and very easy to assemble. A nice extra touch is to sprinkle the bars with confectioner’s sugar. —Marilyn Swisher, Berrien Ctr, Michigan
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugars and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spread with jam; sprinkle with chocolate chunks.
- Combine walnuts and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Squares in Reminisce February/March 2008, p49
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review