Chocolate Raspberry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
"Beautiful pie, easy to make and really delicious ! Made it for a special dinner desert, and everyone raved. Do as earlier suggested, and hold pie cutter under hot water for a minute. Slides right through the pie and makes perfect slices. Thanks for this tip !"
"My family loved this recipe. I did put the chocolate layer on the bottom and the raspberries on top, with a little whipped cream on top of the raspberries. It looked elegant and tasted even better."
"I didn't alter the recipe at all and it was wonderful. A great balance of the raspberries and chocolate."
"YUMMY! The tart in the raspberries and sweetness of the chocolate went perfectly together! I liked all the refrigeration times it required since a have a newborn to tend to, so bonus points for that!"
"Good taste to pie"