Chocolate Raspberry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Pie(14)
Sort By :
I LOVEED this. I have made this twice and the second time around I did something a little different. I made too much whipped cream so I put a layer on top of the cream cheese layer. The chocolate was difficult to cut through the first time I made it, so the second time I just put a layer or mini chocolate chips on top instead. It made it SO much easier to cut through. It is a GREAT recipe :)
Next time I am going to add a little more chocolate, but this is still very very good! I loved it!
Have used this recipe many times. Didn't change a thing.
Very nice and light. My non-cheesecake lovers even liked it. Good tips: 1.use unsalted butter, and 2.dip the knife in boiling water to slice.
I have made this with both graham cracker crust and chocolate cookie crumb crust. Both are equally delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Raspberry Pie >
- Raspberry Pies >