Chocolate Raspberry Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
"Lovely and delicious! Made for an office party and everyone raved about it! The pie cutter under hot water is a great tip as a regular knife breaks and ruins the look of the chocolate on the slices."
"My daughter made this and it has become the family favorite."
"Beautiful pie, easy to make and really delicious ! Made it for a special dinner desert, and everyone raved. Do as earlier suggested, and hold pie cutter under hot water for a minute. Slides right through the pie and makes perfect slices. Thanks for this tip !"
"My family loved this recipe. I did put the chocolate layer on the bottom and the raspberries on top, with a little whipped cream on top of the raspberries. It looked elegant and tasted even better."
"I didn't alter the recipe at all and it was wonderful. A great balance of the raspberries and chocolate."