Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons Recipe
Add a touch of whimsy to your Easter feast with this springtime version of a classic pastry. Fluffy chocolate mousse and bright raspberries are sandwiched between flaky sheets of phyllo, then sprinkled with powdered sugar for an elegant finish.—Jordan Sucher, Brooklyn, New York
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14-inches x 9-inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out). Brush phyllo sheet with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Repeat layers seven times. Cut into eight rectangles. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Gently split each pastry horizontally in half. In a small bowl, beat ganache just until soft peaks form, about 15 seconds (do not overbeat). Spread half of the mixture over pastry bottoms; top with raspberries and remaining chocolate mixture. Replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 312 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC