- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14-inches x 9-inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out). Brush phyllo sheet with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Repeat layers seven times. Cut into eight rectangles. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Gently split each pastry horizontally in half. In a small bowl, beat ganache just until soft peaks form, about 15 seconds (do not overbeat). Spread half of the mixture over pastry bottoms; top with raspberries and remaining chocolate mixture. Replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p169
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review