Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Recipe
The addition of whipping cream lends to the spectacular, smooth texture of this rich and creamy mousse. You just can't beat the chocolate-and-raspberry flavor combination.—Steffany Lohn, Brentwood, California
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat 1-1/2 cups cream and sugar over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate, liqueur and vanilla.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into dessert glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without raspberries) equals 458 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC