Many years ago I found a recipe for a raspberry mousse and played with it to make it lighter. I just love the combination of raspberries and chocolate. —Virginia Anthony, Jacksonville, Florida
- 10 whole reduced-fat graham crackers
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup ice-cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place graham crackers in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Add egg white and butter; cover and process until blended. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 1-2 minutes. Spread melted chips over crust. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Puree raspberries in a food processor; strain, discarding seeds. Return puree to food processor. Add cream cheese and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Add gelatin mixture; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 40 minutes or until partially set.
- In a small bowl, beat milk powder and ice-cold water on high speed until soft peaks form, about 7 minutes. Beat in lemon juice. Stir a third of the mixture into the raspberry mixture; fold in remaining milk mixture. Spread evenly into crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Pie in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review