Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake Recipe
This recipe pulls together some of my favorite flavors. It's delicious, practically foolproof and looks beautiful. Impress dinner guests with this pretty cake.—Robert Ulis, Alexandria, Virginia
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 1. Bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips; stir in milk and extract. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with raspberry jam. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides with chocolate topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2010
"very quick and easy to make."
Reviewed May. 26, 2008
"The frosting tastes great, however it is extremely dry. I think there is an ingredient missing. I added 3 T milk and it turned out creamy enough to spread."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC