- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- Bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips; stir in milk and extract. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with raspberry jam. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides with chocolate topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2010
very quick and easy to make.
Reviewed May. 26, 2008
The frosting tastes great, however it is extremely dry. I think there is an ingredient missing. I added 3 T milk and it turned out creamy enough to spread.