Chocolate Raspberry Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, milk and spreadable fruit; cover and process until smooth. Add dry pudding mix; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into a 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with chocolate. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 161 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Dessert
"I usually double the recipe. This can be frozen in a 10" springform pan. Most of the time, I omit the garnishes and freeze the pudding mixture in individual sized plastic containers. It is a healthy alternative to ice cream and doesn't last very long. I have also used blackberry fruit spread."
"easy and delicious"
"I found the flavor OK, but when frozen,the texture of mine tasted almost crystalized"
"easy to make and absolutely delicious"