Chocolate Raspberry Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, milk and spreadable fruit; cover and process until smooth. Add dry pudding mix; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into a 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with chocolate. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 161 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Dessert
"I usually double the recipe. This can be frozen in a 10" springform pan. Most of the time, I omit the garnishes and freeze the pudding mixture in individual sized plastic containers. It is a healthy alternative to ice cream and doesn't last very long. I have also used blackberry fruit spread."
"I thought it was good recipe. I added an oreo crust and changed the chocolate to white chocolate pudding. Also completed in a "cheesecake" form as well. All in all a good recipe if you are looking for something less sinful."
"I loved this pie and so did my family. I did add a graham cracker crust though and we let it sit out during dinner to thaw before eating it. The leftovers didn't last beyond the next day."
"Easy and delicious"
"I found the flavor OK, but when frozen,the texture of mine tasted almost crystalized"
"easy to make and absolutely delicious"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.