Chocolate-Raspberry Cutout Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Gold and pearl dragees
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, press raspberries through a sieve; discard seeds. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and raspberry puree until smooth and creamy. Frost and decorate cookies as desired with dragees. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Cutout Cookies
Sort By :
"I made these cookies with my daughter as she wanted to make chocolate cut-out cookies. The cookies were wonderful. We didn't make the frosting from the recipe, but used a similar frosting without the raspberries. My family is asking when we will make them again!"