Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe
These cupcake are so amazing that people have been know to inhale them in two bites. But, most prefer to savor each decadent morsel. They can be kept in the fridge for about a week and in the freezer for a month.—Kim Bejot, Ainsworth, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Toasted coconut
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cocoa and water; set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Drop jam by teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over each cupcake.
- 5. For frosting, spoon 1 cup cream from top of coconut milk and place in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil; remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in the butter, confectioners' sugar and coffee liqueur. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until chilled.
- 6. In a small bowl, beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form, about 15 seconds. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with coconut. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC