Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Toasted coconut
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and water; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Drop jam by teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over each cupcake.
- For frosting, spoon 1 cup cream from top of coconut milk and place in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil; remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in the butter, confectioners' sugar and coffee liqueur. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form, about 15 seconds. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with coconut. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes in Cupcakes Bookazine 2013 2013
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2014
"OMGoodness, these look gorgeous. Saving recipe to make for special occasion (every day is a celebration, so why not today)!"