Chocolate-Raspberry Cream Puff Ring Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Mash raspberries, reserving juice; strain and discard seeds. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in jelly and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Cover a baking sheet with foil; grease the foil. Trace a 6-in. circle onto foil; set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 4. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared pan, along the inside of the circle (mounds should be slightly touching). Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. Lift foil and transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in the side of each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Carefully cut ring in half horizontally and set top aside; remove soft dough from inside with a fork. Place ring bottom on a serving plate.
- 6. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Stir in 1/2 cup fudge topping until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- 7. Spread filling over bottom of cream puff ring; replace top. Drizzle with chilled raspberry sauce and remaining fudge topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 401 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Cream Puff Ring
"A huge hit at our July 4th cookout. I had many requests for the recipe. It was time consuming, but oh so worth it."
"A huge hit at our July 4th cookout. I had many requests for the recipe"
"It was a lot of work but it was unbelievable. I took the left overs to work the next day and my coworkers said it was the best dessert they had ever had. Definitely delicious and impressive presentation."
"Yes, something different, with 2 of my fav flavors."
"Haven't made this yet but will give it a try because these may be a little time consuming but are always impressive. I have made a similar ring using the chocolate eclair recipe from the Taste of Home 10th Anniversary Cookbook. The filling is to die for! My husband says it's even better than what his mom used to make! High praise indeed!"
"" Drizzle with chilled raspberry sauce and remaining fudge topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings."The Raspberry Topping is drizzled over the Top. Looks and sounds Delicious!"
"I can't wait to try this recipe. It looks incredible. I feel like beau10, drooling all over my keyboard. Off to the grocery store tomorrow to buy what I need to bake it & then it's me & a fork & this fantastic treat."
"Please actually make the recipe BEFORE you review it!"
"I am seriously dieting now and cannot eat anything like this recipe, so I am just drooling all over my computer screen and printing the recipe for later."
"It is a little time consuming, but I loved it and so did my guest"
"This was a little time consuming , But Oh was it worth the time. My ladies church group I took it to just raved about how good it was. This is one recipe I will do again and again."
"This was a little time consuming , But Oh was it worth the time. My ladies church group I took it to just raved about how good it was. This is one recipe I will do again and again"
"OK, OOOPS!! sorry, the last part did not show up until after I wrote the last review, it is pink so thought that the Raspberry must be in the filling?It is drizzled over the top. so sorry..."
"Three because it sounds delicious, but am I missing the part of what you do with the Raspberry filling that you have made?"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.