Chocolate-Raspberry Bread Pudding Recipe
With tons of chocolate and raspberry flavor, plenty of crunch and less than 300 calories, this lighter dessert is to die for! —Phyllis Dobson, Littleton, Colorado
- 8 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, half-and-half, 3/4 cup sugar and cocoa. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in bittersweet chocolate until melted.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into egg substitute; return all to the pan. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place half of bread mixture in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and half of raspberries. Top with remaining bread mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 4. For sauce, place the remaining raspberries in a food processor; add lemon juice and remaining sugar. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Serve with pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
1 serving with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 297 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC