- 8 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, half-and-half, 3/4 cup sugar and cocoa. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in bittersweet chocolate until melted.
- Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into egg substitute; return all to the pan. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place half of bread mixture in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and half of raspberries. Top with remaining bread mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- For sauce, place the remaining raspberries in a food processor; add lemon juice and remaining sugar. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Serve with pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Chocolate-Raspberry Bread Pudding in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p18
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Bread Pudding >
- Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >