Chocolate Raspberry Bars with Frosting Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (crust will appear puffy and dry). Cool on a wire rack. Spread jam over the crust.
- 3. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in melted chips. Carefully spread over jam.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle or pipe over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 each: 91 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Raspberry Bars with Frosting
"I can't even believe that this is rated a 1.5. When I saw the review I hesitated to make this, but I'm glad I decided to make them (my love for chocolate & raspberry combo trumped!). They are awesome! I took them to work and my coworkers loved them. Everyone asked me for the recipe. They disappeared just as quickly as the time it took to make them. :0)"
"Most disappointing! Was excited about the ease of recipe and fanciful look; texture was chewy and dense and tasted much to sweet."
"If I decide to make them a second time, I will either use sugar free jam or half of the amount called for. It was WAY too much."
"This a not only delicious but fancy, when cookies and bars are called for. I have used it for two wedding receptions in addition to several other occasions and it has been a favorite at each event."