Chocolate Raspberry Bars with Frosting Recipe
A boxed cake mix and raspberry jam simplify assembly of these sweet treats from Diana Olmstead. "The bars are very rich, so cut them into small pieces," suggests the Yelm, Washington cook.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:72 servings
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (crust will appear puffy and dry). Cool on a wire rack. Spread jam over the crust.
- 3. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in melted chips. Carefully spread over jam.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle or pipe over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC