Chocolate-Raspberry Angel Food Torte
Here's a classic angel food cake dressed up in its Christmas best. This no-fuss torte tastes as great as it looks.Lisa Dorsey, Pueblo, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves
- Split cake horizontally into four layers. In a large bowl, beat the
- cream, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with a
- third of the raspberry jam. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining
- cake layer. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Chill until
- serving. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and mint
- leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.