Chocolate-Raspberry Angel Food Torte Recipe
Here's a classic angel food cake dressed up in its Christmas best. This no-fuss torte tastes as great as it looks.—Lisa Dorsey, Pueblo, Colorado
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves
- 1. Split cake horizontally into four layers. In a large bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until stiff peaks form.
- 2. To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the raspberry jam. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Chill until serving. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and mint leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 237 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Angel Food Torte
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2013
"what do you do with the chocolate"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC