Here's a classic angel food cake dressed up in its Christmas best. This no-fuss torte tastes as great as it looks.—Lisa Dorsey, Pueblo, Colorado
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves
- Split cake horizontally into four layers. In a large bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the raspberry jam. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Chill until serving. Just before serving, garnish with raspberries and mint leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Raspberry Angel Food Torte in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p105
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Angel Food Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review