Chocolate Raisin Biscotti Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat into butter mixture. Stir in raisins (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set and tops begin to crack. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into scant 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, remaining vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Raisin Biscotti
"The dough was delicious, but was way too wet and was hard to shape, my hands had more dough and flour on them than what made it to the pan. It was my first time making a biscotti, not sure if it was my "thing"."