A drizzle of creamy frosting makes these chocolate treats from our Test Kitchen so special with coffee, chai or tea!
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat into butter mixture. Stir in raisins (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set and tops begin to crack. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into scant 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, remaining vanilla and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Raisin Biscotti in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p38
Reviews for Chocolate Raisin Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review