My husband and I both enjoy cooking, but the baking is left to me. Our sons loved this chocolaty quick bread when they were little...and still do as grownups!—Melissa Mitchell-Wilson, Wichita, Kansas
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add buttermilk; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Chocolate Quick Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p90
Reviews for Chocolate Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2011
"Although this quick bread had a good taste, the texture was quite dry and crumbled when I tried to slice it."