Chocolate-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CHEESECAKE BATTER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve coffee in water. Stir in the pumpkin, eggs and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3. For cheesecake batter, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Beat in the sugar, vanilla and spices. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon over chocolate batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cheesecake portion. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 197 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
"Disappointing. Description said brownie recipe - it would have been good if the cake part remotely tasted like brownie"
"Made these today and was disappointed. Used the 15x10x1 pan and baked for 25 minutes and yet the middle brownies were a ittle gooey. Husband said they were "OK" and that was probably better than I would have given them, the recipe is in the trash."
"very good. I used milk chocolate chips because that was all I had on hand."
"Great taste! I was a little disappointed that it was more cakey than cheesecake. I expected to have a mouthful of cheesecake and that wasn't the case. Very thin topping of cheesecake mix. I also used a 9x13 pan and it did take longer to cook but I just kept my eye on it. It's definetly better the next day after it is settled and chilled."
"Made this for a party last night, great hit. I tried using a 13x9 pan instead and it took a lot longer to cook and the cheescake batter was too thick, but they still turned out great tasting!!"
"I modified it a bit. I used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda sugar blend. I also used 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour. The other modification was to use Smart Balance buttery spread as opposed to regular butter. By doing that I eliminated 5 calories per bar and 13 carbs!!! Each bar after modifications only had 11 sugars each! AND they were delicious!"