Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Save time this busy holiday season with a moist chocolaty bread from our Test Kitchen. Two pumpkin-flavored loaves can be made ahead and frozen for special events with just a few minutes of preparation.
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen bread: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC