Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen bread: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 242 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
"I baked this pumpkin bread recipe last night for my in-laws to have as dessert after dinner. I used half white sugar and half brown sugar, for what ever reason. It turned out good in flavor but had an odd texture, almost like a custard. It almost didn't seem baked all the way but definitely was. Any thoughts. Maybe the brown sugar added too much moisture?"
"I'm baking it with just 2 c sugar and no water added. HMy own high altitude & sweetness adjustments. ;)"
"Waaaay too sweet! It was actually sticky from all the sugar. Will not make this again, it was a waste of good chocolate, pumpkin and nuts."
"Good! I used mini-chocolate chips. That worked better for my family!"
"This is a good tasting bread . Will make again. I did not put in the almonds. I thought the chocolate chips was enough ."
"This is one of our favorite recipes!"
"YUM! Great with whole wheat flour.~ Theresa"
"absolutely delicious! not too heavy; good balance of pumpkin with the chocolate chips and almonds. I toasted my own almonds (bought them pre-sliced, spread in a single layer on baking sheet, baked in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes stirring every few). glad I did! coworkers loved it"
"The only problem with the bread is that the almonds (mixed with the taste of the pumpkin) made it seem like I was eating tree bark. I would also suggest editing the recipe to only have one loaf. I don't have two loaf pans!"
"This was delicious, but I had a little bit of trouble with it being too crumbly and falling apart. Any suggestions?"
"This bread is so simple to make. I made mini loaves and gave it as thank you gifts- it was well loved by all!"
"I made this bread but without the chocolate and added pecans instead of almonds. It is so moist, I can't ever wait for it to come out of the oven and everyone in my family loves it. Not to mention it was so easy to make!"
"This is hands down the BEST pumpkin bread I have ever made. I've been baking for 35 years and this is my favorite."