Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen bread: Thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Chocolate Pumpkin Bread(7)
Sort By :
I'm baking it with just 2 c sugar and no water added. H
My own high altitude & sweetness adjustments. ;)
Waaaay too sweet! It was actually sticky from all the sugar. Will not make this again, it was a waste of good chocolate, pumpkin and nuts.
Good! I used mini-chocolate chips. That worked better for my family!
This is an excellent tasty recipe. Will make again.
This is one of our favorite recipes!