Cooking is my favorite pastime—I've even put together my own cookbook of recipes I've collected over the years. We have three children and seven grandchildren.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch until thoroughly
- blended. Gradually stir in cream. Add chocolate. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture thickens and
- begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla and salt.
- Pour into individual serving dishes. Cool to room temperature before
- serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 407 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.