Chocolate Pudding Sandwiches Recipe
"These cookies are a favorite after-school snack for my kids...and even my diabetic husband enjoys one now and then," writes Jan Thomas of Richmond, Virginia.
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) chocolate wafers
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping, then marshmallows.
- 2. For each sandwich, spread about 2 tablespoons of pudding mixture on the bottom of a chocolate wafer; top with another wafer. Stack sandwiches in an airtight container.
- 3. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 43 sandwiches.
One sandwich equals 73 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC