Chocolate Pudding Mix Recipe
- PUDDING MIX:
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pudding Mix (above)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Whipped topping and baking cocoa, optional
- 1. Combine mix ingredients; store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1-3/4 cups mix (7 batches of pudding).
- 2. To make pudding: Combine water and mix in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extract. Pour into a serving dish. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 243 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Pudding Mix
"I have been making this pudding for years. FYI you can substitute light brown sugar for the white sugar, if you are going to make the actual pudding, and you will have Butterscotch pudding! :-) I guess you could put the brown sugar in a little zip lock bag and place it on top of the other ingredients."
"I keep this mix on hand - such an easy dessert and I can make as much or as little as I need. I make the mix with Splenda instead of sugar, so it is low in both fat and sugar. When I prepare pudding, I omit the butter and like it just fine!"
"Do you think the dry milk could be omited and just use milk when you cook the pudding?"
"I love this mix. I keep it on hand at all times. I think it is better than commercial mixes. It tastes wonderful and is easy to make."