Chocolate Pudding Mix Recipe
By keeping a batch of this mix on hand, I can easily make pudding just for myself. Plus, it's relatively low in fat. Everyone who tries this creamy concoction prefers it to any pre-made package pudding.—Lois Miller, New Paris, Indiana
- PUDDING MIX:
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pudding Mix (above)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Whipped topping and baking cocoa, optional
- 1. Combine mix ingredients; store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1-3/4 cups mix (7 batches of pudding).
- 2. To make pudding: Combine water and mix in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extract. Pour into a serving dish. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 243 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pudding Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC