By keeping a batch of this mix on hand, I can easily make pudding just for myself. Plus, it's relatively low in fat. Everyone who tries this creamy concoction prefers it to any pre-made package pudding.—Lois Miller, New Paris, Indiana
- PUDDING MIX:
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pudding Mix (above)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Whipped topping and baking cocoa, optional
- Combine mix ingredients; store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1-3/4 cups mix (7 batches of pudding).
- To make pudding: Combine water and mix in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extract. Pour into a serving dish. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chocolate Pudding Mix in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p12
Reviews for Chocolate Pudding Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review