Chocolate Pudding For One
"Anytime I get a craving for a chocolaty treat, I whip up a dish of this rich pudding in the microwave," explains field editor Anne Boesiger of Meridian, Idaho. "Using milk chocolate chips is another delicious option."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and baking cocoa, optional
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine the cornstarch, salt and milk
- until smooth; add chocolate chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 45 seconds or until hot but not boiling; stir. Cook 20-30
- seconds longer or until mixture just begins to boil; stir. Cool.
- Pour into a small bowl. If desired, top with whipped cream and
- sprinkle with baking cocoa. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.