Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
This rich, fudgy dessert is a cross between pudding and cake. I like to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whenever I take it to parties, everybody wants the recipe. —Paige Arnette, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Serve in bowls with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 505 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC