- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Serve in bowls with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"making this today. It's a snow day and cooking this will hit the spot to warm up and indulge."
"I love this -it cures the chocolate and pudding cravings!"
"Always gets "kudos" from the crowd!! I only cooked for 4 1/2 hrs., and I put "paper towels" under the lid to absorb the condensation that tends to drip on the cake and make it "soggy". Such a wonderful recipe, so easy, delicious, and frees up the oven.Zola"
"wonderful recipe. The only issue that I experienced was that all of my chocolate chips went to the bottom and burnt. Next time I will add the chocolate chips a couple hours into baking."
"This was great! It was done in 4 hours, though. I used 1/4 cup of chocolate liqueur and 3/4 cup of water."