- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Serve in bowls with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"wonderful recipe. The only issue that I experienced was that all of my chocolate chips went to the bottom and burnt. Next time I will add the chocolate chips a couple hours into baking."
"This was great! It was done in 4 hours, though. I used 1/4 cup of chocolate liqueur and 3/4 cup of water."
"I have been making this cake for years now. I have made 2 changes that work well for me. I use 1/2 c each semi sweet & milk chocolate chips. I also cook the cake on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Best to check the cake after 2 hours."
"Made this over the weekend. It is like a steamed pudding. We liked it but it does need the chips and ice cream or whipped topping. Reminds me of what most of the world calls pudding. Mine was done in 4 hours rather than 6. Crock pot low may be warmer than some."
"I've made this for years. Sometimes substitute mint chocolate chips."