- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch until thoroughly blended. Gradually stir in cream. Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture thickens and begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour into individual serving dishes. Cool to room temperature before serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Pudding in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate , p35
Reviews for Chocolate Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review