Chocolate Pretzel Cookies Recipe
These pretzel-shaped buttery chocolate cookies are covered in a rich mocha glaze and drizzled with white chocolate. My family goes wild over their chocolaty crunch. They're beautiful to serve and to give as gifts. —Priscilla Anderson, Salt Lake City, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MOCHA GLAZE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths; form each portion into a 6-in. roll. Cut each roll into 1/2-in. slices; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place ropes on greased baking sheets; form into pretzel shapes and space 2 in. apart. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until firm. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, shortening and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to make a smooth glaze.
- 4. Dip pretzels; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Melt white chocolate. Drizzle with white chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC