- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate, praline side up. Spread with
- half of the whipped cream. Top with remaining cake layer; spread
- remaining whipped cream over top. Garnish with chocolate curls and
- candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without garnishes) equals 674 calories, 41 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.