Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Topping
Friends tell me they look forward to ice cream socials just to have this topping.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, brown sugar and butter
- to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate
- chips until melted and smooth. Stir in pecans. Serve warm over ice
- cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 170 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.