Chocolate Pound Cake
This cake has been a longtime family favoriteI've been making it for 25 years.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a
- time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla. Sift
- together dry ingredients; add gradually to creamed mixture, blending
- just until well mixed. Pour into a well-greased fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour (toothpick will not come out clean
- when testing). Let stand 2-3 minutes before inverting onto a cake
- plate. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 332 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.