Living on the equator, we experience warm weather year-round. These cold sweets are a favorite after-nap treat with my four children. I like how these pops are easy to make in large quantities.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 cups milk
- 10 Popsicle molds or plastic cups (3 ounces) and Popsicle sticks
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and cocoa. Gradually
- stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each mold or plastic cup; top with holders or
- insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze until set. May be frozen for up to 3
- months. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.