Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
If you like chocolate and popcorn, you will enjoy this speedy snack from Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. "It's great for school bake sales, group functions or potluck socials," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 6 plain milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each)
- 1. Place popcorn in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows and peanuts. Break candy bars in half and place on top.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 5 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute; toss to coat. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC