I found this recipe in an old cookbook and changed a few ingredients to suit my family's taste. They really enjoy this candy. You'll love how fast, fun and simple it is! Get the kids to help you spread the toppings. —Becky Thesman, Enid, Oklahoma
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 7 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Using a pencil, draw a 10-in. heart on a waxed paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows, peanuts and potato chips. Immediately spread on prepared pan into heart shape. Sprinkle with coconut; top with cherries and M&M's.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours. Remove waxed paper. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds.
Originally published as Chocolate Pizza Heart in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p20
Reviews for Chocolate Pizza Heart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review