Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
Chocolate, pistachios and cranberries are great together. Adding the cranberries to this recipe made it not only sweeter, but healthier, too. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:40 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in the chips, pistachios and cranberries.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape portions into 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a cutting board; cut each rectangle into 10 slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 cookies.
1 cookie equals 107 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC