Chocolate, pistachios and cranberries are great together. Adding the cranberries to this recipe made it not only sweeter, but healthier, too. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in the chips, pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape portions into 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut each rectangle into 10 slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p29
Reviews for Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review