- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in the chips, pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, shape portions into 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangles. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut each rectangle into 10 slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 cookies.
Reviews for Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
"Tasty and easy to make!"
"The taste is fabulous! My logs crumbled badly and stuck to the cookie sheet. I used walnuts and left out the chips and cranberries because that is what I had on hand. I'll try again after researching what might have made them break up."
"Was fantastic. I took them to Xmas parties and was a definite hit. I chopped up part of the pistachios for easier rolling out."
"Forgot to add that I chilled the dough for almost an hour. That made it much easier to work with."
"This wa a very good lighter chocolate biscotti recipe. I have been making another biscotti recipe, but it was SO sticky. This one was much easier to work with and tastes great! Thumbs up!"
"I baked these for the very first time and they were wonderful, especially with our morning coffee. Next time I'll bake them on parchment paper so they won't stick to the cookie sheet."
"These biscotti were DELICIOUS! I used parchment paper to form the biscotti and transfered each log to a parchment covered baking sheet. I also used the mini chips. I got fabulous reviews!"
"I ended up with a dry mix did not add nuts, cranberries, or chips. do i throw away or do you have a suggestion how to fix"
"This is very good. The only thing I did different was to use mini chocolate chips. After reading reviews, I added extra flour the first time; I wished I had not. The second time I made these with the recommended amount of flour. The biscotti texture was much nicer. Friends loved receiving these as gifts."
"Excellent recipe. The dough is very sticky as mentioned in the recipe. Good blend of flavors. I will definitely make this one again."