Chocolate Pinwheels Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough in half; place each half between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll into 12-in. x 10-in. rectangles. Chill until almost firm, about 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. Spread over dough. Carefully roll up each rectangle into a tight jelly roll, starting with the long side. Wrap in waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Gently cut into 1/2-in. slices with a sharp serrated knife; place on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 9 dozen.
1 each: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Pinwheels
"was awful stuck to wax paper and didnt roll worth a crap. filling didnt spread well. what a waste of time"
"the filling ran all over the place....way to runny. the cookies looked very unattractive because the choc was all over the place"
"The dough was too crumbly and after chilling I still couldn't roll it out without it cracking and breaking. Had to throw it out as it just was too dry."