- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half; add cocoa to one portion. Divide each portion in half. On a baking sheet, roll out each portion between waxed paper into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove waxed paper. Place one chocolate rectangle over a plain rectangle. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Pinwheels in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p95
Reviews for Chocolate Pinwheels(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review