Chocolate Pie with Marshmallows Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set; cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and chocolate syrup until blended. Beat in melted chips. Set aside 1/4 cup of whipped topping. Fold marshmallows and remaining whipped topping into chocolate mixture.
- 3. Spoon filling into crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Top with reserved whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 615 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Pie with Marshmallows
"Yummy! I just used a pre-prepared chocolate crumb crust and spread filling carefully over the foil edges which I had extended and it worked great! I used an entire pkg of chocolate chips, melting 1 1/3 cups of them and keeping the rest whole to add to the texture. That was fine! I added about a tsp of peppermint (an idea from one of the previous reviewers)and I think it enhanced the flavor. We liked it A LOT!!!!!!"
"My husband loved this and so did my little girls. It was easy enough to make and very thich and rich. It held up well when slicing (while some chocolate pies tend to get mushy). I used a pre-made graham crust since I didn't have chocolate cookies on hand. I think I would add some peppermint extract the next time."
"I made this pie for Thanksgiving and it instantly became a family favorite. It was a succes with kids and adults."
"The taste of this pie was not quite right. I followed the directions as they were but the end result was not a success. It was not sweet as I had hoped for."
"I used fat free cream cheese and light whipped topping and it turned out great. I sent it to work with my husband and the next day I had to send the recipe to each person who tasted it."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.