Chocolate Pie with Marshmallows Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set; cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and chocolate syrup until blended. Beat in melted chips. Set aside 1/4 cup of whipped topping. Fold marshmallows and remaining whipped topping into chocolate mixture.
- 3. Spoon filling into crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Top with reserved whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 615 calories, 38 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.