Chocolate Picnic Cake Recipe
Rich, moist and chocolaty, this scrumptious cake is very versatile. It freezes well...and the chocolate chip topping makes it easy to pack in lunches and carry along to picnics. At home, we like it topped with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the egg, sugar, water and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 335 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Picnic Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC