Chocolate Picnic Cake Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the egg, sugar, water and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Picnic Cake
Sort By :
My two little boys loved helping to make this simple yet delicious cake! It will be appearing in their lunchboxes this fall.
Not bad! Easy to make and is a good addition to picnics/reunions...
This cake is so easy to make and its very good.
I have been making this recipe for several years. It is my husband's favorite chocolate cake. Frieda Hensley
I just double the recipe. I reduce to 2-1/4 cup flour and add 1/4 cup cocoa powder for darker color. Pour into 9 in pan, sprinkle about 1-1/2 cup chocolate cip and bake about 40-45 minutes. Its come-out smooth and chocolaty. Become hits on my BBQ time.