Chocolate Picnic Cake Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the egg, sugar, water and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Picnic Cake
Sort By :
"My two little boys loved helping to make this simple yet delicious cake! It will be appearing in their lunchboxes this fall."
"Not bad! Easy to make and is a good addition to picnics/reunions..."
"This cake is so easy to make and its very good."
"I have been making this recipe for several years. It is my husband's favorite chocolate cake. Frieda Hensley"
"I just double the recipe. I reduce to 2-1/4 cup flour and add 1/4 cup cocoa powder for darker color. Pour into 9 in pan, sprinkle about 1-1/2 cup chocolate cip and bake about 40-45 minutes. Its come-out smooth and chocolaty. Become hits on my BBQ time."