Chocolate Peppermint Spritz Cookies Recipe
I love to make spritz cookies. Each year I make several varieties of cookies and then deliver them to friends. I love to see the smiles on their faces when they see a plate full of cookies.—Margaret Otley, Waverly, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle crushed candies over cookies. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC