Chocolate Peppermint Spritz Cookies
I love to make spritz cookies. Each year I make several varieties of cookies and then deliver them to friends. I love to see the smiles on their faces when they see a plate full of cookies.—Margaret Otley, Waverly, Nebraska
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl,
- whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1
- in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until
- set. Immediately sprinkle crushed candies over cookies. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
- Yield: 3 dozen.