Chocolate Peppermint Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle crushed candies over cookies. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peppermint Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"Good taste, and easy to make. Next time I will put a chocolate chip in the center instead of the peppermint crumbs."
"i don't know what went wrong, but this recipe didn't work for me! I followed the directions exactly. First, the dough is way too soft even with adding more flour. Then the cookies spread far too much when baked, losing all the shape of the press...I ended up with brown flat lumps. They are neither chocolaty or minty, actually rather blah. The only mint taste is from the crushed candies. The best I can say is that they are very easy to make! Glad they worked for others!"
"These cookies are wonderful! The dough is easy to work with and the cookies are delicious! I doubled the recipe and ended up with 10 dozen cookies to share with family and friends."
"Just the right amount of peppermint. Quick and easy and looks impressive"